Chilli chicken dry recipe is one of very popular non vegetarian indo Chinese starter. Normally we get a good chili chicken in specialty Chinese restaurant or multi cuisine restaurant and hotel. The boneless chili chicken dry is very good Chinese starter or appetizer. Also we can have chilli chicken as a side dish along with fried rice or noodles. Either chilli chicken boneless is dry or with sauce it’s equally famous for all over world. In India it is available on street sides Tiffin center also. Yes, we all know recipe of chili chicken and love to eat Chinese chili chicken boneless but how do we make chilli chicken at home? If you’ve attempted to make any Manchurian or Indian Chinese dishes at home, you’ve probably felt it’s not the same as what we get in the restaurants. The key reason for this is that they deep fry things without worrying about health or calories and we would probably hesitate. At least, that’s my theory.
So this chilli chicken recipe is as close to how a restaurant would make it. I have add MSG in my chilli chicken dry recipe but you can make boneless chilli chicken without MSG also. I haven’t used any food colour here. The key in making a good chilli chicken is in the seasoning of the flour batter in which the chicken is fried. That can really make or break your dish to a large extend. I recommend experimenting a bit because if you closely follow my recipe than i don’t think it is impossible. Everything is possible if you do that such a right way. Your corn flour is going to be ground differently, the weather is not the same and you most definitely won’t be able to get the same consistency as I did for the batter. I know, sounds like a lot of bad news. but here is good news also, if you follow this recipe once or twice than i thing you will get the things. But don’t fare, I am here to make an inedible chilli chicken with you. No matter how it turns out, you can ‘fix’ it or just eat it anyway. If are looking for the chilli chicken recipe, than here is the solution. Here I’ll explain step by step recipe of chilli chicken with guide and photos, So let’s make a try.
Also Read: Baingan bharta recipe.
Ingredients To Make Chilli Chicken:
Here is the ingredients bellow for chilli chicken recipe
250 grams boneless chunk chicken
1- tablespoon red chilli sauce
1- tablespoon corn flour
2- teaspoon soy sauce
1- tablespoon tomato ketchup
1- teaspoon white vinegar
½ -teaspoon black pepper powder
1-teaspoon salt/as per require
2- tablespoon oil
2- teaspoon ginger, garlic paste
1-Big onion sliced long
1- cup red, yellow, capsicum (cut into big cubes)
1 -2 green chilies
¼ -teaspoon MSG (testing powder)
coriander leaves chopped
Spring onions chopped
Instruction To Make Dry Chilli Chicken
- First combined chunk chicken, eggs, ginger& garlic paste, MSG and corn flour in a bowl and Mix it well.
- Pour enough water so that the chicken pieces are well coated with the batter.
- Keep aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes preferably in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in pan or woke over high flame. Deep fry the chicken pieces until cooked properly from inside. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add onions and capsicums and fry till veggies is turns smooth.
- Add the green chilies and stir it twice.
- Now add soy sauce, vinegar, green chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and salt and Mix well in high flame.
- Now add fried chicken and toss it until all ingredients are coated well with the sauces.
- Serve chilli chicken dry in a platter and Garnished with chopped spring onions and chopped coriander leaves.
Also Know: Soft noodles recipe.
Step by step guide to make chilli chicken dry with photos
In a mixing bowl add corn flour, pepper powder, ginger & garlic paste, egg, MSG, salt and add water and mix it for some time to make a thick batter.
Add washed boneless chunk chicken pieces into batter and mix well till all chicken pieces well coating with the batter.
Heat oil in a pan or woke. Fry chicken in hot oil in slow flame and fry it properly till cook it well from inside. Chicken should have a light brown colour all over. Drain excess oil from fried chicken and keep it aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a separate pan. Add white part of shredded spring onions, red, yellow capsicum, onions and saute it for 1 minute or till vegetables are turns soften.
Add dark soy sauce, green chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar and salt and stir it on high flame.
Now add fried chunk chicken pieces in the sauce and stirring well till coat all the chicken pieces with sauce.
Toss it till chicken pieces are mix with sauce and looks dry.
Now keep it on a plate or platter and garnished with chopped spring onions and fresh coriander leaves and serve chilli chicken dry hot.
Important Notes while making boneless chilli chicken
- Try to make the batter perfect and don’t add much water while making batter.
- Fry the chicken in low flame to cook it properly.
- Also you can add chopped ginger and garlic while making sauce.
- Make sure the tossing and sauté part will be in high flame.
- Taste the sauce before add chicken pieces and add extra herbs if require.
- Serve chilli chicken hot with garnished.
These were the full recipe of how to make chilli chicken dry at home with step by step photos and guides for you, hope you will enjoy this chilli chicken dry recipe. Also hope you will enjoy the new recipe of chilli chicken with your friends and family. If you have any doubts on this recipe or any other recipes than fill free to ask. Also if you have any comments than let us know. If you think this is a useful post for you than I would really love it, if you share it with your Face book fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles. All it takes is a simple click on the “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. Thank you.