The dish made from Panner (cottage cheese) is very much famous among every Indian people because everyone loves to eat Panner both in curry and in dry. The most famous dish of Panner that you can have in India is “Panner Makhani” and this dish is very famous among the people of Punjab and Gujrat. This popular mughlai style Indian dish has Panner (cottage cheese) in it and the delicious creamy tomato gravy makes the dish yummy. You may have tasted the dish only in restaurants and hotels, but do you know the recipes for how to make Panner Makhani at home.
Also Read: How to Make Malai Kofta
Also Visit: Kutchi Dabeli Recipe.
Today in this content you are going to know about how to make Panner Makhanwala at home. And what are the ingredients you will need to make this special mughlai style Panjabi dish. We have got very simple and easy steps to make this “paneer makhanwala” recipe and, I am sure your family will love it. So do not waste time in knowing what is the dish about and just hog on the recipes of the creamy Panner Makhani. But before we tell you about the recipes of the paneer makhni or Panner Makhanwala recipe, you should first know the ingredient that is needed for making this delicious dish.
Ingredients Needed To Make Panner Makhani:
Here below we have given all the important ingredients that you will need to have in your kitchen for making the delicious Panner Makhani at your home.
- 250 gram of Panner (cottage cheese) cut in square shape
- 3 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
- 8-9 chopped Cashew nuts
- 3-4 chopped green chilli
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- ½ teaspoons of turmeric( or as per required)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1-2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Some salt and sugar
- Two teaspoons of rich cream to give the dish a creamy gravy
- Some garam masala powder
- Get some few chopped green Cilantro leaf which is to garnish your dish
So these are the entire ingredients that you must have in your kitchen to make Panner Makhani at your home. Now preparing this dish is very easy, as you need to follow some few simple tips that we have given below. So without wasting any time let’s focus on the recipe of Panner Makhani.
Also Cheek: South Indian Sambar Recipe.
Guide to Make Panner Makhani with Step By Step Photos:
Now if you are done with all the ingredients, you can now start to cook the dish at your home. Read out the steps carefully one by one, so have a look at it.
- First of all, you will need to blend tomato, green chillies, and ginger together. You will need to blend them till every gets mixed perfectly. Now again grind Sesame seeds and Cashew nuts till it gets powdered perfectly. After it gets converted into powder stop grinding it and place it in a bowl.
- Now in the second step you will need to soak cut Panner in boiled water and you will need to soak the Panner for at least 5-10 minutes, in order to make Panner soft. After doing all this, now your ingredient are all ready and which means now you are ready to cook Panner Makhani.
- Take a pan on the gas stove and heat it to a certain temperature. After the bowl is heated to certain temperature place butter in it and let it get perfectly melt in the bowl. Now add garlic paste and chopped onions and fry it well, once onions and garlic are fried properly. add cumin seed and stir it properly because it needs to mix properly with butter in order to give a good taste.
- Now after the Cumin seed and butter is mixed properly, you can add the powder of Cashew nuts and Sesame seeds in the mixture. But you should make sure that you keep on stirring while adding the mixture. Now stir the mixture for some few minutes.
- Now you can add a mixture of Tomato, ginger, and chilli in the bowl of roasted cashew nut powder. Keep stirring the mixture, because it makes stick in the pan and may get burned. Also add coriander powder, turmeric, one teaspoon sugar and salt and then stir it well. You will need to cook the mixture for about 5 minutes and then you will see that the mixture has become thick.
- In the main time add a cup of water and mix it well with the creamy spicy and let it get boiled. Now cook it for 3-5 minutes, to get tasty gravy.
- After the mixture becomes thick and creamy, now it’s time to add thick cream in it. As you have added heavy cream to it, you will need to cook for around 1 minute.
- So now it is finally time to add Panner in the spicy and creamy gravy. Mix the gravy well with Panner and then let it cook for some 4-5 minutes.
- After some 4-5 minutes check how the dish is if it is well with thick gravy. Then it is now time to turn the heat off and add garam masala and chopped Cilantro. After adding everything just mix it well for half a minute. The dish is almost done; you will need to cover it for a minute before serving in the plate.
Now Panner Makhani is fully ready for you and you can now enjoy having the special dish at your home itself. Now you can have this creamy and spicy dish with famous roti like butter nun, paratha or any Indian bread. So these are all the procedure that you need to follow for how to make Panner makhani at home.
So here we have given the best and the easiest recipe to make Panner Makhani at home and now you can have it with rice or roti. So now more going to restaurants for having a single dish as you can make it at home and we always say that homemade dish is always special. You can also share these easy recipes with your loved ones, as the steps are easy everyone will be able to prepare this dish in their home now. This is it, you can comment us below if you are having some great suggesting regarding this recipe.