Indian dishes are better known for its spiciness, sweetness and tangy test. Indian foods are quite different from the rest of the world not only in taste but also in the method of cooking. Ever heard of Shahi Paneer? It is a royal dish and is one of the most popular Indian dishes in India. Basically, it is prepared from paneer (cottage cheese) in thick cashew nut gravy which is mostly made by spices, tomatoes and cream. It is mainly eaten with roti, naan, rice or even with other breads. Is your mouth watering after hearing that? Well, probably yes!!
Also Read: Paneer Makhani or Paneer Makhanwala Recipe
Also Visit: How to Make Malai Kofta
Most Indian restaurants serve the delicious Shahi Paneer but it is impossible to sit and eat at the restaurant every day. Some people cannot afford going to restaurant and eat the dish over and over again. Making Shahi Paneer recipe is quite possible but the finding the right recipe is quite tough. This content will provide you with the recipe of this dish. The recipe is pretty simple as all that you need to have are the right ingredients.
Make Shahi Paneer At Home:
Making Shahi Paneer recipe at home is quite easy. It takes a total of 30 minutes for preparing it and takes about an hour to cook. So, without wasting any time let’s check out the ingredients for making Shahi Paneer at home.
Ingredients Required to Make Shahi Paneer:
Here is the ingredient for recipe of Sahi Paneer bellow.
- 250 grams of Paneer (Cottage Cheese) cut into cubes.
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes.
- 1-2 finely chopped onion.
- 2 tablespoon of cashew nut paste (Kaju).
- 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- 3-4 pieces dry chilli.
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder.
- 1 tablespoon rich cream.
- 1 teaspoon butter.
- 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala powder.
- Pinch of cochineal (food colour) optional.
- Salt as per required (2 teaspoon).
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder (dhania).
- 2 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves.
- Fresh or rich cream.
Step By Step Guide To Make Shahi Paneer With Photos:
Follow the steps provided below to prepare Shahi Paneer at home.
- In a pan or kadhai add 2 cups of water and switch on the flame in low.
- Now, add ginger, garlic, tomato, 2-3 red chillies, and chopped onion and boil it for 3-4 minutes in low flame.
- Now add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and boil it some more time. Once its boil switch off the flame and keep it a side to cold it.
- Now in a pan heat 1tablespoon oil and fry all paneer without making it brown. And keep all fried paneer aside.
- Now, if that boiled things are getting cooled. Blend it on a mixer for the puree.
- Now heat little butter and 1 teaspoon oil in a frying pan.
- Next, transfer the puree on a Kadhai or pan, add 1 cup water and boil it on a slow flame.
- Now, add all kinds of dry herbs like garam masala powder, coriander powder, and red chilli powder along with salt to the puree and mix them well.
- After that, add the cashew nut paste and slight pinch of food colour in it.
- Add 1 tablespoon rich cream and cook it.
- Mix them well and then cook it in a medium flame for 5 minutes or until the gravy becomes thick.
- Now add paneer (cottage cheese) in the thick gravy and mix it properly.
- now taste it and extra herbs and salt if require. once its done switch off the flame and serve it in bowl or service bowl.
Steps before Serving Shahi Paneer:
Before you serve Shahi Paneer dish on a plate, first heat up the gravy while adding the paneer pieces into it. Serve them by garnishing it with finely chopped coriander leaves and ready to eat. Also you can add some fresh or rich cream on top of the serving bowl as a garnished. And your homemade Sahi Paneer is ready to serve now.
Important Notes While Cooking Sahi Paneer:
- choose all vegetable fresh and wash it before boil.
- don,t add to much water while boiling vegetables.
- you can change your spicy level as per require.
- choose fresh cashew nut for better taste.
- you can also make Sahi Panner without added any colour .
- you can make more gravy and store it in freeze for 2-3 days.
These are the steps by step recipe guide with photos for you. What you need to follow for making home-made Sahi paneer. So, we hope you have learned all the steps of how to make Shahi Paneer from the above steps. However, there are different types of Shahi paneer, like low fats shahi paneer, restaurant style Shahi Paneer. You can also make with the aromatic ingredients which makes the dish quite special. So, what are you waiting for? Start preparing the most popular royal dish in India “Shahi Paneer” at home.If you think this is a useful post for you than share it with your Face book fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles. All it takes is a simple click on the “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. Have a good day ahead. Thank you!