Since, when do you love to eat Pani Puri? Pani Puri has been favorite fast food for each and every one of us since childhood. Everyone likes to have pani puri at street. And that’s why we know it as a famous street food. Usually you think how the Puri stays so crispy and fresh. Pani Puri is also known as Phuchka in East India and Golgappa in North India. Especially people of Andhra Pradesh called it Pani Puri and in Odisha as Gopchup. The crispy fried small round Puri along with potato chutney and tamarind water is every one’s favourite. Here we have a Pani Puri recipe which will make it easier for you to enjoy it at home rather than eating on streets.
Also read: Kutchi Dabeli Recipe.
Also Visit: Chilli Chicken Recipe.
You may wonder how the small puri can be kept crispy at home. Well, that’s quite easy to store, you just require an airtight container. If you are one who likes the street food snacks with sweet and tangy taste then from this post you can check the recipes of Pani Puri. Everything has been provided below. All you need to do is follow the instruction down below and you enjoy this at your Home. Check out the steps below.
Here I will explain how to make pani puri recipe at home with step by step photos and guide. So don’t waste your valuable time, let’s make a try the new recipe of east Indian style pani puri or fuchka.
Also Read: Baingan Bharta Recipe.
Ingredients to Make Pani Puri at Home
It’s really very easy to make Pani Puri at home with excellent ingredients of your choice. In addition to that, the home made pani puri tastes better and fresher. Note down the ingredients before preparing the Golgappa recipe.
Here Is the Ingredients Bellow for Pani Puri Recipe.(Total Time 45 Minutes)
To Make Puri:-
- 1 cup wheat flour (maida in Hindi).
- 1 cup semolina (sooji/rava) makes sure you use the good quality semolina.
- A pinch of salt.
- Water as required.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Oil for deep frying.
- For more crispy taste you can also add Urad atta but not necessary if you don’t like one (1/2 tablespoon).
Ingredients For Pani Puri Water:-
- ½ or 1 cup of Tamarind pulp.
- 2 cups of water.
- ¼ cups of club soda.
- 1-2 teaspoon jeera or cumin powder (after roast).
- ½ cup leaves of fresh mint.
- ½ cup coriander leaves.
- 3-4 green chillies (if required you can add more).
- 1-2 teaspoon black salt (also known as kalanamak in hindi).
- 1-2 tablespoon jaggery when required.
- 1 teaspoon Jaljeera powder (optional).
Ingredients For the Filling in Puri:-
- 2-3 potatoes boiled (take the medium potatoes)
- 2 medium chopped onion.
- ½ to 1 cup small soak chickpeas.
- Green Chillies are required.
- Salt for tasting.
Guide To Make Pani Puri with Step By Step Photos
In a large bowl, add ½ cup sooji/rava or semolina. For crispiness of puri, (you can also add ½ tablespoon of urad atta).and add salt as required. Mix both ingredients properly. Now add less than quarter cup liquid soda along with ¼ cup water and baking powder. Add all those liquid to the rava mixture and prepare the dough.
For smooth texture, add 1 cup maida/wheat flour. Make sure your dough is not too soft but tight. When the dough is ready, take a soft towel or white cloth and wrap your dough in it. On top of the wrap sprinkle little water. Leave the dough wrapped with cloth for about 15-20 minutes.
After 15-20 minutes…..
Now it’s time for rolling rotis with your dough. Roll out large thin rotis by adding just a little bit of ghee or oil for smooth rolling. With the help of anything small round container, cut the rotis in to small circle.
For frying the puri, add oil in a pan. Make sure you heat the pan in a low medium heat. When the oil is ready in a pan, place 2-3 uncooked puris and start frying. Now flip them on the other side when it puffed up and the puri becomes pretty light brown in color, take it out and place them in a tray with wrapper towel. Let it cool to store in a container.
For Making Pani Puri Water:-
- Place coriander leaves, green chillies and mint leaves in a mixture container to make a paste. After make the paste add that paste in 2 cup of water for pani puri water recipes, mix all together with the paste. Make sure you dissolve the jaggery and handle the entire sweet and tangy thing.
- Add tamarind paste or pulp in water and add black salt and 1 teaspoon jaljeera powder if you have and mix it properly and taste it twice. If you think anything less in mixture water than re-add that.
- Add some amount of water in it and stain the entire mixture water in a bowl to make a very smooth pani. And keep the mixture water aside.
Methods of Filling:-
- For filling, mash 2-3 boiled potatoes in a bowl along with soaked chickpeas add salt in it. Add some chopped green chillies.
- Add roasted cumin powder and some chopped coriander leaves and chopped onion and mix it properly.
For Serving Paani Puri
As your Pani Puri or phuchkas are ready, with the help of your thumb finger make a hole in the centre of your puri. Inside the puri, add mashed potato mixture properly inside the puri as a stuffing. Add little chopped onion in that puri. Now to add pani in your puri make sure you stir the pani thoroughly and pour it on your puri. Yummy, enjoy the paani puri recipe made at home with fresh ingredients.
Now that you know how to make Pani Puri at home, stop eating on the streets. We know eating Pani Puri on the streets is more fun but they are not healthy as you may fall sick. The street made Pani Puri is unhygienic and may cause stomach troubles, so it’s better to steer clear of these. We recommend you to enjoy this 30-45 minutes Pani Puri recipe at home during your leisure hours. If you think this is a useful post for you than share it with your Face book fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles. All it takes is a simple click on the “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. Have a good day ahead. Thank you!